Sunday, July 10, 2011

Baking with Norah Jones & Jack Johnson...

Hey friends! So, I have STUNK at blogging this week... but ROCKED at spending time with amazing friends! (that's another post)

So... here's the deal... you probably won't see another recipe on this blog, because I'm about to give you all I've got. ha. I'm not necessarily the best cook in town, but I can make a mean strawberry pie and peach cobbler. So... thought I'd share my recipes with you... since my granny was so nice to share it with me. :)

I believe it started with a lady named Mary Starr? I suppose she's my granny's generation of Paula Dean. But I love to bake with a little Norah Jones and Jack Johnson on the radio... ahhh. Anyway... here you go!


Strawberry Pie:

1 cold, cooked pie shell (deep dish is best)
1cup of sugar
2T of cornstarch
1/2 t of salt
1 cup of boiling water
4T of strawberry jello
1lb strawberries

Boil water. In a bowl, mix sugar, cornstarch, and salt. Add to water and cook until thick and clear. Add Jello. Pour over your crust with strawberries added already. Let set in fridge and top with cool whip when ready to serve. :)
** EASY PEASY**


Peach Cobbler:

1/2 cup butter
2 cup sugar...divided
1 cup of self-rising flour
1 cup of milk
4 cups of sliced peaches
1T of lemon juice
some pumpkin pie spice to your taste :)

Melt butter in 13X9 inch pan with oven set to 375. Mix 1 cup of sugar, flour, and milk. Bring peaches to boil with lemon juice and 1 cup of sugar (I add a bit of water, but not too much) and boil for about 3 minutes. Add spice if you like.

Get melted butter pan out of oven, pour batter mix, then add peaches. Cook at 375 for about 40-45 minutes. Serve warm with... you guessed it... vanilla ice cream :)



*you may not only love like crazy... but please, eat like crazy! ;) *
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment