Thursday, July 21, 2011

The next 24 hours...

There really are no words to describe the emotions...
You KNOW God has called you to it...
After the initial hesitation and physical illness (no, really)... We're IN completely...
The preparation to get to this point was really... sometimes hard, but not horrific...
And you suddenly realize that you will "never be ready" for this...
When you THINK your faith is strong... but then it's time to actually jump...
You realize that it takes WAY MORE than what you have.

source


I can't do this... alone.
I'm dreading the next 24 hours, where I'll say goodbye to my best friend and husband... the leader of my family.
You say "this is worth it"... but there are moments I doubt it.
The dread of tears shed... by me... by my kids... by my man... ugh.
6 weeks is a L.O.N.G. time (you military wives out there, feel free to make fun... I'm a complete wimp!)

Despite all these emotions... I lift my eyes from my feet *attempting* to tread water and I look for HIS face. And there... We find our strength... JOY... and ability to look PAST the next 6 weeks and into a life God has most certainly called us to.

Please pray for us... Pray for the Mr. as he travels from here to TN... and then to Zambia on Monday.

It's then... the stories will begin. Our life in Zambia begins... NEXT WEEK!

Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. Crying with you but also so stinkin' excited for you and your family! I love you! Thanks for reminding me how GREAT God is and how much I SHOULD and NEED to be depending on HIM!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 6 weeks is a LONG time! You are right, it won't be easy, but it will be worth it! God will give you what you need as you need it. Praying for you all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've got this girl! God will carry you! All my love and prayers! Let's hang soon next week as we are both hubby-less! (o;

    ReplyDelete
  4. Girl, I will be praying!!! Just had a chance to watch the video...amazing!!! I just love your hearts for the Lord and for Zambia! Can't wait to see all that He does through ya'll!!!

    ReplyDelete