Sunday, July 3, 2011

water for a dry land...

While our life has certainly been all things Zambia the past few months, Ethiopia certainly holds a very close part of our hearts as a family. I so often pray for E's birthmother, that if she is still alive, she can sense God's presence. You might think this weird, but I actually pray that God would be with her and let her know that E is doing alright... to give her some sense of peace.

As I'm getting ready to go stuff my face, enjoy food and fireworks... and when it's hot, I'm gonna get a nice cold drink... THIS article came across my attention.


Particularly this part:

"In Ethiopia, the estimated number of people in need of emergency food and non-food assistance was revised upwards from 2.8 million to 3.2 million. Nearly two thirds of the requirements were in the southern Somali and Oromia regions as well as in the Southern Nations, Nationalities and People’s Region, where shortages of water and food were recorded. Cereal prices there have continued to rise, with inflation rates close to 30 percent recorded in April. "


You see, E is from the SNNPR. He has family there. And things are bad.
I can't continue on about my nice holiday weekend without stopping to pray for the other part of our family that is in Ethiopia. I'm praying that God would quench their hunger and thirst, even without food and water... He could do that. Won't you pray with me for this crisis?

"He turned the dessert into pools of water and the parched ground into springs of water." Psalms 107:35




Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment